Citizens for Global Solutions, and its affiliated Minnesota Chapter, strives to inspire Americans to engage with the world. We recognize that in today’s interconnected world, our lives, our jobs and our families are increasingly affected by global problems. CGS-MN offers local programs that strengthen awareness of critical international issues. The focus of our programs is to offer perspectives on possible solutions to a variety of world problems on which we endeavor to shine a spotlight.
“Global Problems Require Global Solutions”
We are a membership organization:
- working to build political will,
- promoting global citizenship and a new spirit of sharing, and
- devising initiatives to promote our vision.
We undertake our mission by:
- organizing educational events,
- communicating global concerns to public officials,
- collaborating with globally engaged organizations, and
- disseminating proposals to reform and strengthen the United Nations and other international institutions, including the creation of new agencies when necessary.
We envision a future in which countries work together to abolish war, protect universal human rights and freedoms, foster sustainable development, and solve related problems facing humanity that no country can solve alone. This vision requires the involvement of informed world citizens to create and maintain effective democratic global institutions that will supplant the law of force with the rule of law while respecting the diversity and autonomy of national and local communities.